Small Farm Berry & Vegetable Field Day
June 16, 2015 • 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The event will be held at VSU Randolph Farm, 4415 River Road, Petersburg, VA 23803
RAIN or SHINE
Beginning and experienced farmers will learn from Cooperative Extension Specialists about the latest research, trends and proven techniques for maximizing farm profits on limited acreage. USDA representatives will be on hand to explain how government resources can open doors for small farmers. Visit farm-related exhibitors and enjoy an Iron Chef competition demonstrating how to prepare winning meals with locally grown produce.
This event is FREE and includes a light breakfast and boxed lunch.
• Expanding Local Markets (including EBT cards and SNAP sign-up)
• Farm Loans and Grants
• Protecting Your Land and Legacy
• Managing Risk
• Farm Facts, Advocacy and Outreach
SMALL FARM OUTREACH
• Maximizing Profits in Minimal Space
• No-till Production Techniques
• Cover Crops
• High Tunnels
• Precision Ag Demonstration
• Equipment and Tools for the Small Farmer
• Pest and Disease Management
• New Varieties
• Soil Enhancement and Fertilization
• Pruning and Trellising
• Marketing & Packaging
REGISTER ONLINE BY JUNE 9, 2015 at: http://goo.gl/forms/HhocWIzUV3
To register by phone or email, contact Mark Klingman (email@example.com) or call (804) 524-5626.